Brainstorming and Field Notes 4/30

Hook: The tallest tree in the world is a coastal redwood, about 380 ft (116m) tall. To put that in perspectove, I’m about 5’7”, and it would take about 68 of me stacked on top of each ther to reach the height of that tree.  

Red Maple/Sugar Maple 

Palmately lobed leaves 

About 50 ft tall 

AT first glance, this tree is huge; ginormous; gargantuan, all the “big” words, compared to the other trees on my street (insert bottom-up picture) 

We used to have a lot more. Our backyard and sidewalk were full of trees which got cut down to make room for electrical power and telephone lines 

(Insert old google street view) 

I’ve been lying this whole time. It’s not one, but actually two trees that are growing side by side, but from the front yard view one is behind the other. We like to think of them as the “Mom and Dad” watching over our house, and the three other pine trees like me and my siblings.  

(Insert side view picture) 

I have memories of laying out on the trampoline in the yard and just starting right up at it. My siblings and I would think that any bird circling up around the tree was a hawk and we would get scared and run inside.  

(Insert ground view picture) 

Here are some facts about this tree:  

(bullet point list) 

Conclusions